Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Project 31, Day 7. Cry It Out.

I am definitely not an expert on being BabyWise, and letting baby Stella cry it out.  I SO want to believe in the "cry until she sleeps" method...but It's so ridiculously hard.  Luckily, Stella only cried for two nights!!!  The first night we tried it (at about 3 weeks old), she cried for about 40 minutes.  The longest.forty.minutes.of.our.lives.  Pat and I just stared at each other and listened to her cry in the monitor.  It was awful...but we stayed strong and didn't go pick her up!  The next night, she only cried for about 15 minutes.  SO much better.  After that, she may have put up a little fuss, but never as bad as the first night. 

So I guess I do believe in the methods.  I certainly think babies need to learn to pacify and soothe themselves, and this is a good way to do it.  Or can I just say that because it was so easy for us?  It hurt my heart to let her lay by herself in the dark and cry.  It was terrible.  But hopefully it only traumatized us--and she was too young to remember it, and will be a better sleeper in the long run!

Here's to good zzzzzzzz's! 


No comments:

Post a Comment